Grounded in a strength-based philosophy which builds on the inherent resilience of each individual, St. Mary’s Home / Maison Sainte-Marie is committed to providing comprehensive services, advocacy and programs for pregnant youth and young parent families. These are offered in a milieu of respect, care and safety and in partnership with the community.
OUR VALUES AND BELIEFS
We believe that:
Pregnancy is a time of opportunity for personal growth
Young parents are capable of building strong, nurturing and healthy families
Children have rights as individuals
The following set of values is integral to our work:
- Respect: Each individual has innate worth and dignity. This is reflected in our attitude and in the practice of equality, fairness and teamwork
- Trust: Relationships built on integrity and compassion lay the foundation of trust. We are committed to providing an atmosphere where trust can develop and grow.
- Acceptance: A non-judgmental approach is essential to supporting youth with their life experience and choices.
- Strength-based: Our role is to build on the resilience, strength and abilities of youth, children and families.
- Inclusion: We promote and anti-discriminatory approach to service delivery. We are committed to continuously grow in knowledge, sensitivity, and skills so that we can best respond to a wide range of backgrounds and a diverse population.
- Partnership: Strong community partnerships are integral to our programs and services. We promote and invest in collaboration and partnership.
- Effectiveness: Working with innovative and best practices we actively strive towards measurable positive outcomes.